Teacher recruitment and retention...
What role does professional learning have in overcoming the recruitment and retention crisis?
The #ShapingCPD report explores:
- The importance of addressing the retention crisis, in order to solve the recruitment crisis
- The need to develop a sense of self and professional efficacy
- The critical role of leadership and the development of a respectful culture
- The role of career-long professional learning and what makes it successful
It also shares recommendations for what teachers, schools and the wider system can do to create and demand change in our education system.
“We are not going to get better outcomes if we don’t have better teachers, so let’s just invest in them.”
– Tim Matthews, Deputy Head at Oriel High School